FGS Arms provides transfers of firearms to local customers in the Ashland, Kentucky market. All customers must undergo a mandatory NICS background check in accordance with federal law. Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia residents are eligible to transfer rifles and shotguns through FGS Arms however only Kentucky residents may transfer handguns or stripped receivers.
The sending FFL must include a copy of their FFL or if the sender is an individual, we need a CLEAR photocopy of the front and back of their driver’s license (it must be valid/not expired). Phone number for the dealer/individual is required.
Cash, check, or credit card in-person.
All inbound firearms must be picked up within 7 days of receipt unless other arrangements are made prior to transfer (except NFA).
- First firearm – $30 + tax
- Each additional – $5/item
- Discount $5 if KY Resident with CCDW (bypass NICS)
- Silencer / SBR / SBS / AOW – $75/ea
- Machine gun – varies (based upon value)
Any transfer for a purchase through our Silencer Shop portal is free.
Cost (Outbound to another FFL):
- Transfer charge: $20 per item + tax
- Actual cost of shipping – FFLs can use USPS which is significantly cheaper than UPS (FedEx no longer accepts non-FFL shipments).